I saw this cookie idea on Pinterest and I know a lot of little ones who love frozen, so I thought I’d give them a practice run before Christmas. They turned out AMAZING, I’m so happy with these! They taste so good too. It’s a really easy recipe and it would be super easy to do with the kids. I’m using this recipe for a number of different decorated cookies I’m doing over Christmas.
Let me know your thought’s and if you’ve given these ago share your picture with me on social media 🙂
100g/3½oz unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
100g/3½oz caster sugar
1 medium free-range egg, lightly beaten
275g/10oz plain flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
- To decorate
200g/14oz icing sugar
3-4 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until combined.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract, a little at a time, until well combined.
- Sift in the flour until the mixture comes together as a dough. You may need to add a few drops of water if the dough is too crumbly, add a few drops at a time as you won’t need much!
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured work surface to a thickness of 1cm/½in.
- Using biscuit cutters, cut biscuits out of the dough and carefully place onto the baking tray.
- Bake the biscuits for 10-15 minutes, or until pale golden-brown. Set aside to harden for 5 minutes, then cool on a wire rack.
- For the icing, sift the icing sugar into a large mixing bowl and stir in enough water to create a smooth mixture.
- Carefully spread the icing onto the biscuits into a puddle like shape, make sure the icing into too runny otherwise it will go off the side of the biscuit.
- While the white icing is still wet, place a marshmallow into the icing on the side of the biscuit. Set aside to harden.
- Using the black, orange and green writing icing decorate your biscuit and build your snowman!